Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our Day at the Lake

On Monday, my husband had the day off so both of us got the bright idea to go to the lake since we haven't taken our boat out of the driveway the whole summer.

We got to the lake and our battery was dead. Luckily the lake was close to a town and we were able to go buy a new one.

We finally got ready to put the boat in the water and it decided not to go into reverse. We just pushed it off of the trailer and I could turn around going forward.

We picked my husband up off of the dock and we started on our way. It was running smooth for being the first time out. We were going up on plane if you know what that means. Just at the faster speed and next thing I know the engine started to just rev up and the boat quit going fast.

We ended up just swimming by the boat. No water skiing or tubing. The tube got too hot and got a hole in it too. We couldn't have done that even if the boat was running.



I went to drop my husband off at the dock to go get the car. Nothing annoys me more than people lounging on the boat docks when people are trying to get there boats in. Because of the reverse issue, I was just going to do a drive by slowly and he was going to jump off. I got too close to the dock and ran up on it a bit(no reverse). The people sitting there were a little freaked out.



I told my husband I chipped a piece off of the dock. He started laughing and told me it was off of the boat. I hit so hard I chipped off the words of what our boat is and part of the top rail.

I am not good at the trailer either and right when I got to the trailer, the boat died on me. The reverse comes in handy when trailering. We had to just pull the boat in with the tie on strap. There wasn't a second chance that day.

We let the kids play on the beach for awhile. No mishaps with my kids happened. Some other lady let her kids in the water without life jackets and one about my 4 year olds age got out too far and started panicking. I was glad I was standing there. I had to grab her and pull her back out.
The kids playing by the beach
Mom and the kids

Dad and his little girl and Ty

It made for quite an eventful day at the lake for us.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

That sounds pretty eventful. It reminds me of the first time we took Sean to Lake Powell and the boat quit working. We even had to call a tow boat. I am glad you were able to get the boat on the trailer and get home.

Melinders said...

Whoa!! It sounds like you had a crazy day!! Where did you go?

Vanessa said...

Speaking from experience, you are pretty good with the boat. I would have gotten stuck on some rocks some where.