Today I had to go to a Cardiologist. It is kind of the last step to possibly finding out what could possibly causing my migraines. It was kind of a bittersweet appointment. He told me we are going to do an Echocardiogram next week. I am not even sure what that is. I was told that is a test to see if I have a hole in my heart that never healed as a child. It sometimes causes terrible migraines in people.
But if it turns up negative, it is pretty much the end of the road and I am just set to deal with these crazy migraines. I guess when you have a migraine and end up in the ER because you think you are having a stroke and they tell you that it is completely normal, it is very frustrating and it doesn't feel like it should be normal. I am hoping this isn't the end of the road but I guess if it is we will deal with the results the way we have for the last 5 years.
I am not writing this so anyone will feel bad for me. I was just feeling a little frustrated today. Has anyone else ever heard of these migraines?
9 comments:
That really sucks. I hope they can get to the bottom of it.
I have only ever had a couple migranes in my life. Shannon's sister gets them a lot. You might ask her at club next time about it. (which btw, is on Feb. 11th)
I have heard of the hole in the heart=migraines thing. I hear it's a pretty easy fix. Hopefully that is true. My sister in law got checked for it for some weird stuff that is happening to her. They were hoping that is what is was, but it wasn't. Good luck!
Good luck, migraines have such a debilitating effect on peoples lives. I hope they can figure it out.
I'm sorry. I hope things are ok and they can find out what is wrong.
I worked with a guy that had really bad migraines..I am just throwing this out there, but have you tried acupuncture? He had several treatments and it seemed to help him. I hope you can get an answer.
There is a gal in my ward who gets migranes and it is hormone related. A hysterectomy took care of them.
My sister-in-law was having migranes as well and just found out that she has a hole in her heart that never closed up. Apparently, it is quite common. Good luck with your testing. I hope they figure out what is wrong with you.
I can't imagine what you go through. I have never had a migrane and never want one. But, I'm sure it completely stops your life while you have them. I hope you can find out what the problem is. Good luck and you are in my prayers!
I know a lady that I work with had really bad migraines and I can't remember what they told her it was, I'll have to ask her. But there was a period of time where she physically couldn't work she was in so much pain and it would be for days on end.
Post a Comment