Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My First Quilt

I told my sister I would post pictures of this quilt I made for my little boy. This was my first undertaking of a piece quilt.

It took a little effort getting it figured out and cutting out the squares and triangles to fit just right. He is so excited and now I need to figure out what to put on the back. He is wanting the basketballs. Got any suggestions for anyone that has done this before?
Here are a few different views:

8 comments:

Nicole said...

You are awesome! I want a sewing machine for my birthday. Too bad you aren't here anymore to give me lessons! We would have to start with something way easier!!!

Sarah said...

Okay, that is gorgeous. I know that word should not be used for a boy's quilt, but really. I am impressed! I would probably just do a blue on the back so it is not too busy. But, he is a boy and he knows what he likes.

Potter Family said...

Wow, that is really ambitious. That looks great and basketballs would look really cool on the back.

Melinders said...

That turned out great!! I really like the colors.

Nava_jo said...

Wow I"m totally impressed! I love the colors you picked. I think a solid color or one color on the back will look nice. Blue would tie the entire quilt together. Let us know how it turns out!``

The Sevy's said...

That is really neat! You did a WONDERFUL job!

Heather said...

Wow, very impressive. Sewing is not my friend. Post pics when you are finished.

Marcy said...

That looks great!! Way to go.