Sunday, October 26, 2008
Primary program Sunday
Today was the Primary program in our ward. It is amazing what can turn a mom into a blubbering idiot. I sit at the piano in primary every Sunday and sometimes wonder if I am getting anything out of church. As the kids practice for the program you sit and wonder if they and you can pull it off. They end up doing a wonderful job. By the end our kids ended up singing I Am A Child of God for the closing song with the congregation so I didn't have to play the piano. I don't know if I don't usually pay as much attention because I am concentrating on playing the piano or if the kids really just don't try to sing that great. But today it was like being surrounded by angels! I have never heard our primary kids sing that loud and beautiful every word of a song before. I turned into a big blubbering baby and couldn't quit crying because it was so beautiful. I guess that is what Primary program Sunday is all about so the kids can shine and show their best singing voices and what angels they can really be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like your new background--very cute!!
Hey Melissa, I'm so glad to have found your blog. I can relate to your Primary program experience. These year I was the one that got to organize the program and make sure each child had a part. It was positively nerve wracking. I even had a hard time sleeping for a couple days before and I was absolutely sure it was going to be awful. I sat up on the stand to help the kids with their parts so everyone could see me and I think I cried from the beginning to the end. It was wonderful and the spirit was so strong. Our children truly are angles, little gifts from heaven.
Post a Comment