I was thinking the other day. I go through periods of time when I get headaches for weeks at a time. I remember when we were younger we used to watch a show called "Saved By the Bell"
In one episode Zach was trying to get Kelly to fall in love with him and he tried to do it with subliminal messages. In order to trick him back they told him that she would get these headaches and she wouldn't be herself. When the headaches would come on she would be violent and crazy.
As I had 2 migraines last week and a headache in between that would not go away, I realized that I get really cranky with my kids and I am very not myself. I was laying in bed thinking about how I had got after my kids for stupid things all weekend and crying over nothing.
When I was apologizing to my 9 year old for getting after him for not being able to help me, and I sometimes forget he is just nine, he said is that why you were crying mom? I just said yes.
I feel like the person that they portray Kelly in the show sometimes when I get my headaches.
I need to learn to be more patient even when I don't feel good, I need to learn to not be so short fused with my kids.
3 comments:
It is so tough to find patience when you don't feel good. I get headaches for a few days straight on a monthly basis. Kids....well, they forget and forgive so easy. Thank goodness they are patient with their parents too.
I so understand right now. I can't do anything. I can't stand, I can't hold babies, I can't cook, my poor kids run wild. I have no patience since I got hurt..ugh! You are a great woman, don't forget!
Let it go. It's easy to say but hard to do but it was just a mistake. That's all, you are a good person but you are in pain. No one blames you and neither will your kids when you explain that you are in continuous pain. But I would get to the doctor maybe you have a sinus infection. My headaches and migraines went away for the most part after I got a mouth guard at the dentist's. You can get a mold able one cheap at Wags. I would try that first.
I hope that you get better soon.
Post a Comment