Saturday, November 15, 2008

Spiritual Tag from reading Naulu Tribe

I want YOU to do this tag, you do not have to put the photo up on your blog, but use this to show everyone your faith. Tell us about you. Here are my questions I want you to do.

1. What is your religion, and what is your favorite part about it. I am LDS or a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love that our church teaches us that our families can be together forever. I also love we have the Book of Mormon to add to the teachings of the Bible.

2. What has been your favorite service towards others. We have and older lady in our ward that has adopted me and my kids. We help her work in her yard all summer. It isn't one sided, she also does many things for me and my family.

3. What has been your hardest calling in your church. I was the Relief Society President of a college ward. I was married in a singles ward. I am a perfectionist, I had to learn to let my presidency do their callings without me hanging over them. It was very hard and humbling.

4. What is your favorite place to go for worship. I love to go to the Temple. It is always a very peaceful place and you always come away feeling refreshed and ready to take care of your family again.




5. Where would you like to spread your knowledge of your faith. One day I would like to go on a mission with my husband anywhere the Lord decides to send us as long as I get to be with him. I would love to go on a service mission to one of the third world countries though.

6. When did you know your church was true. I have always known it was true but I have had several manifestations in my life. When I was about 18 I was very sick and felt like I would rather die. I had a lot of time to read scriptures and ponder on life. That was probably the most major time I knew by heart and soul and could never deny it.

7. Who has been a Spiritual giant in your life. My grandma, she has served 2 missions for our church. Her husband died at 45 and she finished raising the last of her 8 children by herself. She has always been a great example of service to me. She never says anything bad about anybody and always even at 78 years old is still always taking meals to people who are sick or just need something or someone to visit. She has always been there for me when I have needed someone to talk to.

No comments: