Monday, December 8, 2008

Instructions for Clipboards

Back



This is the one I made for Joslyn with the ribbon.

Since I have had a few requests, here are the instructions for the clipboards.

First you take a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper and cut it 9 x 10 1/2. You take another piece that contrasts and do the same. The leftover 3 inch piece, you cut 9 inches also and makes the second back piece. You cut one plain piece 1 inch by 9 inches. You have to cut the top pieces around the clip part smaller.

You get a wood clipboard and put modge podge with a brush on it. Put your paper on and let it dry. When it dries you go over the top of the paper with the modge podge. Sometimes the paper will bubble.

If it bubbles usually it will go down after it dries.

After it dries you tie matching ribbon on to the clip part. Hence I didn't have that part done in my pictures. Voila, you are done and it only takes about an hour. Very easy. Have fun!
Make sure you modge podge under the paper that overlaps each other. We learned the hard way.

3 comments:

Suze said...

great idea! very cute!
I did get the ornament! Thank you!! Yours got mailed out last Wednesday I think! You should get it soon!!

Nicole said...

Thanks! I can't wait to give it a try.

Shannon P. said...

How fun to see your message on my blog..how are you? I love the clipboards,they are darling!