Sunday, October 25, 2009

Got a New Church Calling Today

Have you ever just loved a church calling you had? That is how I felt about my Bear scout calling, after we got adjusted and the kinks got worked out. It has seriously been one of my favorite callings that I have ever had. 9 year old boys can be a little roudy sometimes, but one of those is my own so I guess it is nothing new for me.

This week when the Bishopric came and asked me if I would accept a new calling I really had to ask them if they were sure. They wanted to put me in as the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency. I love Primary, but I have never been in a calling like this before and don't know what I am doing.

I had to really overcome my sadness of being released from scouts. I wanted to cry all the way through church today. My neighbor said to me that was way better than scouts, to me it isn't. I feel very inadequate for this calling.

Scouts is my realm, I can goof off with the boys and we had a great time.

I hope over time I will be able to learn. I will be over the scouts so I still get to be involved with them somewhat.

4 comments:

Devri said...

Congrats on your new calling. I love to be in the primary pres. but I haven't been for a long time.. tears for sure.. I have never been in scouts, prob cuz I only had girls, and they prob thought, I'd mess it up! lol take care little lady!

Staci said...

It always seems once you are comfy in your position you get moved to another. I teach in YW right now and before that I was in the RS presidency, I cried and cried when I was released. But I have fallen in love with all the YW. Now I will probably get put in somewhere else...now that I am comfy again.

Vanessa said...

You know I love Primary! You will do great! It is always hard to change callings, but pretty soon, you will be an old pro. I just feel bad that you are thrust into it right before your Primary Program!

Nicole said...

I can't believe that little Don is ten! How fun. I've done that calling a few times and LOVED it! You will too just as soon as you get your feet wet!