Last night Grandpa and Grandma Page came up and visited the kids for awhile. When the doorbell rang, Joslyn came running and screaming up the stairs so excited. We had dinner and they brought Don his birthday presents early. Don loves his presents. He couldn't hardly wait to open them and do them.
They had a great time playing with them.
I had told them after school that they were coming and they waited with anticipation for their arrival.
It reminded me of when we were kids how we would sit and watch out the window and wait for my grandparent's to arrive.
The other day me and my husband were driving by the neighborhood where my grandparent's lived. I haven't been by their since they both passed away. It actually brought a wave of emotion over me. I realized how much I missed being able to see them and how much my grandparent's meant in my life. We loved going to see them as kids.
I realized my kids don't get to see their grandparent's as often as they should. We need to make more effort in going to see their grandparents. It was always so much fun for us.
2 comments:
I was thinking about that, too. Remember how we would joke they were there and then we would be SO mad when they weren't! I miss them, too. I am glad you had a good time.
I just drove by their house last time I was up that way too. There are so many memories that I have of spending time at that house.
Post a Comment