When we were younger, every year we went to my mom's friend's house for New Year's Eve and had Chinese New Year. She used to make egg rolls, ham fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, and fried shrimp. We used to go and help make the egg rolls. It was always a fun time.
Now that I have got married. It took a few years, but I started missing the "to die for dinner" we used to have. So a few years ago I started making it a tradition at my house again. My kids love it. We had my sister in law's family over, cause if you are going to spend that much time making the food you might as well have someone else to enjoy it with. I didn't even get pictures of the kids having a good time playing. They asked all day when their cousins were coming. We had a good time and enjoyed a delicious chocolate cake Heather brought for dessert.
We didn't even make it until midnight.
2 comments:
I think it's great to have traditions. It sounds like you have a lot of fun. I hope we can have traditions that go on from Christmas to New Years. Its crazy to think back to my childhood memories. My mom was all ways there to make them fun and exciting
Wow! I have been away from the blogs longer than I realized. Thanks for the awesome dinner. Mmmmmm :)
Post a Comment