Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What I Learned This Week

I have learned a few things this week. Some people might think I am crazy after reading this post.

I have suffered from depression since I had my 2nd child. My new neurologist recently changed my medicine. I have been on it for a few weeks now and just realized this week that my other medicine had not been working. I feel like I had been in a dream world looking in. I am finally feeling like my old self again.

After taking my kids toys away, they are quickly learning to pick up after themselves and my house is staying clean. You can read about it here.

Kids have to learn lessons the hard way.

JoLynne at Musings of a Housewife does this carnival every Tuesday if you want to join in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I just need to step up and make them learn the hard way, huh? Point taken! Glad you are now on meds that are working! I'm sure it makes all the difference in the world.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya on the depression thing sister. I have been on medication too. I'm glad you're feeling yourself again!

Sarah said...

That is so sad. My mom just told me that one of my friends is SO clinically depressed that is has been hospitalized for some time now. She is in Ohio and her mother is taking care of her three children in Utah. I feel so helpless and pray for her every night. I have never dealt with depression, so I don't understand. I just feel blessed that I don't have that trial in my life. On the other hand, I am so happy that you have found some meds that make you feel so much better! That is a blessing!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Depression is SO HARD. I'm glad you got on the right meds.

I need to read about taking your kids' toys away. The clutter around here drives me insane.