Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Deer Prints That Weren't


I was outside looking at my flower bed the other day and looked into my whiskey barrel to see these. I haven't planted it yet. I was a little shocked trying to figure out why the silly deer would climb through my whiskey barrel to get to my flowers. (Our tulips are finally bloomed, and in our neighborhood, we learned they enjoy them.)

I went on to tell 2 of my neighbors how crazy it was that this deer had been in my yard, we haven't seen any on our side of the street for a long time. Also, as you can see I had to document it and show someone about it.

Later that night I started telling my husband about that crazy deer in my yard. He started laughing at me. He informed me it was his fingerprints. He decided to put some seeds in my whiskey barrel the night before, and didn't cover his prints. It is my territory and he didn't ask, but he really had me going.

I finally had to show him the pictures and he agreed his darn fingerprints are sure pretty close looking to some hoofprints in my flower bed. He is still laughing at me and I had to tell my neighbor's it was my husband that had me fooled.



3 comments:

Marcy said...

That is really funny! I would love to see a deer really climbing through your barrel. How is riding going? I hope I can make the 35 miles!

Melinders said...

HaHAHA!! Funny. Maybe he did it to look like deer tracks to get you going.

Anonymous said...

That's really funny! Maybe you should mess with something of his and see how he feels about it.