Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Had A Bad Day!

Now that I have the Hannah Montana song stuck in my head, luckily, it was yesterday. Recently, I was reading a blog talking about how bad things come in 3's.

I guess this week was my week.

Yesterday I went on a bike ride since my 35 mile ride is in 3 weeks, I figured I better get on it and do something. I stopped on the Highway between Payson and Salem to get a drink. I unhooked my left foot and next thing I know I am toppling over into the gravel. If only my brain would process that I need to slide that darn right foot out of the pedal and not try to just lift it off. I fell on my trusty hand that finally healed from my last bike wreck and I am sporting some pretty good road rash on my knee, elbow and one hand.
My cute neighbor boy asked me where I wrecked and I told him. He said to me "Well, at least you were close to the hospital if you had to go there." It made me laugh.

My second thing my alternator decided to go out on my expedition for the second time. I was on the freeway and discovered my battery was getting sucked down while I was driving. I called my husband and told him I was heading home. I got a block away from home and turned at the light. The battery finally died as I was turning. I coasted to the side as much as I could out of one of the busiest intersections in our little town. The battery was so dead I couldn't even turn on my hazards. Right as the high school was getting out was when this happened. So I had many very impatient high school kids trying to figure out why I was sitting there doing nothing.

Luckily the alternator was under warranty so we just had to pay for labor and not for the part again.

Third, my 4 year old came down with strept throat yesterday. She was up all night with a fever and sore throat. We took her into the doctor this morning and she is taking the antibiotic. Hopefully by tomorrow she will start feeling better.

5 comments:

shellyray said...

35 miles! Crap, I had no idea you were going to do that. That's awesome! Once this baby is born I'll have to do something like that to lose all this weight I'm packing on.

Tom said...

At least you got the three things out of you way. Nothing but clear skies now. Hope things get better.

Melinders said...

Wow. I would have to agree. That is a bad day. Good Luck!!

Sarah said...

Man! You aren't kidding! When it rains, it pours! I hope things look up for you soon!

Anonymous said...

Thank God it comes in threes and not say 50s. Sorry about all of it, all three are pretty bad! I'd say that it can't get any worse but it does when you say that. So I didn't say it.