Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Yesterday as I was talking to my neighbor, she was telling me she found out Macaroni and cheese had a very high sodium content and wasn't very healthy. My 9 year overheard the conversation and later rehearsed it to my 5 year old as this.
"Ty mom won't let us have macaroni and cheese anymore because she found out it isn't healthy and mom likes to be healthy." Tyler,"Well she will still let us eat it." Don goes on, " No, Kim told her that it isn't healthy and we don't have any so she won't buy it anymore."
I had to laugh and go tell my husband the conversation. It was pretty comical. Who knew macaroni and cheese could cause such a serious conversation.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How cute are those kids! Both their words and that picture! I LOVE your new picture of the kids at the top of your blog!

shellyray said...

Heidi is very concerned that she is eating healthy too. She also thinks that everything I make is healthy too. So I always feel guilty when I have to tell her that what we are eating that night is really junk food but it's just for fun now and then. It's good I have my 6 year old to keep me on track I guess. Silly kids.

Amy G said...

I love when the older kids "explain" things to the younger ones. Too funny!

Melinders said...

I think one of my favorite things to do is listen in on my kids when they are talking without me around. It is so funny the things they come up with. Ryker informed me today that if I eat "junk food" that I'll die.
I just had to laugh.