Friday, May 22, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation and ER Visit


Today was Tyler's Kindergarten graduation. He made it through his first year of school much to his dismay. He does not like school at all. He has a long road ahead of him. He has a great teacher and she has been very good for him.

I was happy that he even sang the songs with his class. Normally he is plugging his ears in the classroom when I am there and they practice.

Later this afternoon, he was riding his bike with my other kids around the block and he crashed on his bike. I think maybe it runs in the family. He decided if he crashed he would make it worth his time though. We ended up going to the ER. It was pretty bad his chin was split open so bad you could see the bone.

The nurses and doctor were very nice and I have never seen him hold still that long in his life.
I will have to post pictures tomorrow. I was in too much of a panic to get any pictures tonight. It was too gross before stitches anyway. He is very brave about the whole thing, I'm sure when that numbing agent wears off he will be complaining some. I am hoping the ibuprofen will stay in his system for long enough to help him rest through most of the night without a lot of pain.

Thankfully this is our first ER visit, and I'm sure not our last. He came home with 11 stitches outside and 2 inside.

3 comments:

Devri said...

Congrats on both!!! (i guess) wink, wink. Lavi graduated today, I am jelous, cuz they only had a paper hat, no gown or anything.. cheap school i guess.

Amy G said...

Isn't it fun having boys? We have only been to the ER once, thank goodness, but I'm sure that will change. Congrats on the Graduation too. So fun!

Sarah said...

Poor kid! That is traumatic! I am not good in those panic kind of situations.