Friday, May 1, 2009

Random Thoughts


This week was my son's hershey track meet. He didn't place in any events, but I think he felt good that he had actually worked to try and do something before he did it. He tried his hardest and that is all that matters.


My husband took me clothes shopping since I was complaining about not having clothes that fit or were all yucky. I discovered I have gone down a pant size and shirt size. That is always a nice discovery. I don't own a scale, so I never know how much I weigh. I prefer it that way.


I babysat my sister-in-law's kids and discovered it can be quite an adventure to take 5 kids to the store with you. Once again I have a lot of admiration for people who have a lot of kids. It is a tiring job. My 3 are a good number for me.


Teacher Appreciation week is next week. I am wondering why even though we only ask for $1.00 from 34 kids. We still only ended up with $4.00 to buy the teacher a gift.
Afterthought on teacher appreciation: we ended up with about $30.00. That is with 2 parent's donating $10.00 and one donating $5.00. I am grateful for parent's that do appreciate the teacher.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's too bad :( Do you send a note home - maybe the kids forget it at school...

Sarah said...

Wow! That is really disappointing! I can't believe it!

Devri said...

We always make lei's for them so I don't donate money.. maybe some people just do their own thing.. maybe some people don't care, that is sad.... The teachers baby sit your kids.. come on people.

I cant stand you.. wink.. you didn't even know you were losing weight? argh!

I have one girl who excells in track, and one who doesn't care, as long as they try, I don't care either!

Amy Platon said...

good for you for doing a pool. our school is requesting a weeks worth of (useless) gifts paraded in by every student. That's a lot of landfill or dusty nick knacks. Guess I should step it up next year and become a room mom huh?

tiburon said...

I can't tell you how many people I would kill to be able to go down a pant size and not notice...