I took my bike out for ride #2 this morning. I hooked the bike trailer on with my four year old in. I learned today that you can't stop if you don't have somewhere to hold on to. She needed a drink so I stopped at a church parking lot to get us both a drink. Bad idea. I tried and tried to get my shoes back in the clips. I finally just rode a ways with one in and saw a truck parked at the side of the rode. I thought oh great I can pull up to it and get my balance. Wouldn't luck have it that just as I was almost there the people got in it and drove away.
Next, I saw a street sign and figured it was close enough to the rode I could probably use it.
After several attempts and falling off my bike 3 or 4 times again. With my little girl asking "Mommy are you okay?"
I finally put my left foot in the clip and started riding. I discovered today that if I put my left foot first I can get my right foot in while riding. We finally made it back on after a 10 minute stop. Thank goodness. I can't imagine what the people driving by were thinking I was doing.
3 comments:
That was you? J/k, I didn't see you, but if I do, next time I will stop so you can hold on to the side of my van :)
Thanks Vanessa! I feel like a 5 year old relearning to ride a bike again. It is pretty pathetic.
I must admit I got a little giggle out of it too! At least you keep trying! Keep it up!
Post a Comment