Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bike Lesson # 3

After several wrecks on my new bike last week, I stayed off my bike for a few days. Partly because of snow and then I started realizing that I was just being a WIMP.

My husband gave me the chance to ride a couple of days and I found reasons not to. As I was sitting here on Monday and Tuesday finding reasons not to ride, I realized that I was scared of my bike.

Wednesday was the day that I decided I needed to face up to my fear of wrecking on by bike. I started thinking to myself. GET BACK ON YOU BIG BABY! So as all my kids were gone I finally decided to give it another try. I have to go 38 miles on it in 12 weeks after all.

I have finally found a solution that works for me. I have gotten 2 rides in 2 days and haven't had any catastrophes. I am always telling my kids they have to do things but I was avoiding getting over my own fear.

I am pathetic. Now if I could just get over my fear of heights. (That will be something that will be another day and probably a lifetime.)

2 comments:

Staci said...

so why are you riding 38 miles? That is awesome that you are.

tiburon said...

What ride are you doing that is 38 miles? I am looking for a good intermediate ride before the Century?